Bought new Gear S3. Finally connected to my Sony Xperia Z5, after a factory reset of my phone. Now, after a reboot, connecting doesn’t work anymore for the gear app. But Samsung Health reads the metrics flawlessly. Support only tells me, they don’t support my phone. Here we provide Gear S Plugin V 2.2.03.17041441N for Android 4.4++ This application is a component for Samsung Gear Application.
Samsung Gear Application has to be installed in advance.
※ Please allow the permission of Samsung Gear Manager from Android Settings to use it completely in Android 6.0.
Settings > Apps > Gear Plugin > Permissions
※ Access rights information
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
– Location: Used to search for nearby devices for Gear through Bluetooth
– Storage: Used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gear
– Telephone: Used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps
– Contacts: Used to provide services that need to be linked with accounts using registered Samsung account information
– Calendar : Used to synchronize schedule with Gear
– SMS : Used to synchronize SMS with Gear
– Camera : Used to scan the QR code to activate Gear's SIM card(eSIM Support Model only)
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
- Views: 31
(No Ratings Yet) Loading...
- Android: 4.4+ and up
- Size: 34.1 MB
Once every month the app resets itself and won't recognize my gear S2. The only way is to factory reset the watch and then connect it to the app as a "new gear". I would prefer to have this issue fixed rather than samsung ignoring me.